An American girl living in England and roving about the world. If I come off as a stone cold bitch it’s only because I left my heart in Venice.
I harbour serious love for: history, getting a good deal, cats, blood oranges, a large glass of wine, a large glass of champagne, a large glass of gin, farmers markets and farm shops, mean girls quotes, poking fun at modern art, old books, carbohydrates in all forms, terribly British sports which I can never quite comprehend the rules of (I’m looking at you, cricket), and the Oxford comma.
And what do I love not? Pickles. Gherkins. The devil’s willy. Whatever you want to call them. They are atrocious and sometimes I wonder if I want to carry on living in a world where they exist.
I’m also wary of anyone who owns a Kindle.
* I can down a pint of water faster than anyone I know. This is likely the result of a ‘sobering up before bedtime’ game my best friend and I invented in our early twenties. If you’d like more details, just ask.
* I once got simultaneously banned from six hotels in Las Vegas. If you’d like more details, you’re not getting them.
* I’m so bad at Maths that I almost couldn’t graduate from High School even though I had straight A’s in every other subject. My professors always told me that I’d need to use things like algebra and trigonometry in the real world. They lied, that shit is fully useless.
* After three glasses of wine I can impersonate pretty much anyone in the world perfectly… or maybe I’m just drunk and I think I can.
* If you have a cat, I can offer you a 100% guarantee that it will like me more than it likes you.
I started this blog because I’ve gotten into a habit of travelling by myself (to the extreme and constant distress of my mother). I’ve got nothing against my friends, but I like to think that traveling solo makes for the best random stories. I hope you enjoy mine, even when I try to sneak a history lesson in…
PS – You can contact me at email@example.com
More PS – All photos on this blog are my own. They’re almost exclusively taken from my little iPhone because I have been self diagnosed as too irresponsible to own a fancy camera after an incident which involved taking my handbag (and its contents) swimming with me in the Mediterranean.
(Sidenote: Euros are surprisingly waterproof)
UPDATE: I purchased a Sony Alpha in July 2016 and as of April 2017 it is still functioning (and it takes amazing photos).